Monday, October 13, 2008

Whew!



When I pulled Cole out of the stall for the vet he barely made it into the hallway. She decided to start by pulling Cole's shoe. It took her FOREVER because it was nailed on so tight. It was obvious he was in a lot of pain. When she finally pulled it off puss spurted out. Completely nasty...but who cares. It was only an abscess. The abscess was in the toe of his hoof. She dug it out really well and bandaged it. I have to soak the foot once a day and keep it wrapped. Not a problem! I'm just glad it wasn't anything devastating.

I think my sea monkey needs a vet. He keeps running himself in to the bottom of the tank really hard.

6 comments:

Carroll said...

Whew! I'm glad it wasn't more serious. I like his cast. Can I come sign it? : )

kareng said...

yeah! I was praying it wasn't too serious.
any day but Fri!

babyarnie said...

Hey.... that diaper on his foot looks familiar.

83rocketscientist said...

Glad it was not bad Rachael. I admit that I think using duct tape for a bandage is kinda funny though! I probably think that because I do not know much about horses!

Rachael said...

Duct tape makes the world go around.

Hannah E. Carson said...

Duct tape also makes great clothing.