Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Glass Class



My mom signed Martha and I up for a stained glass class. It started last Tuesday night. We learned about the different types of stained glass as well as how to cut it. We had 6 people also in the class and 2 younger girls immediately proceeded to slice into their hands. Blood everywhere. But, we all had a great time. Last night we cut the glass for the butterflies we are making and learned house to "grind" the glass. This week Martha and I both came home with minor lacerations from the glass flying everywhere. The class was cut down to 3, me Martha and another guy. The girls with the near fatal injuries and their dad weren't allowed to participate because they showed up too late. The dad started a fight in the class...it was a mess. So we were sent home with homework of lining our glass pieces with copper foil so we can finish them next week. Martha and I have plans to start a harder piece when we're done. I absolutely love it. Ahhh, the possibilities.

Quote of the Day: "I’m very fast. I’m like Forest Gump except…I am not an idiot."-Michael Scott

5 comments:

Carroll said...

let me know if you do another one...I might want to tag along!

Olive Wild said...

That sounds like so much fun. I really want to try a pottery class some day... when I get time.

kareng said...

I can't wait to see what you two have done! I love stained glass, I guess for some the red pigment is...?

azulalegria said...

I have ALWAYS wanted to do this!! Can you teach me when I come home?

babyarnie said...

Oh ya'll it's so much work but alot of fun!! It's