Friday, October 24, 2008

Government Run?...Run from Government



I got a "change of address" notification from the Post Office at work the other day. A man was trying to change his address to our p.o. box. NOT OK. I went to the P.O. The guy running the place said, "Well, let me know if you get any of their mail. It's probably a typo." WHAT? Fix it now before I GET any of their mail! And, of course I got some of their mail the other day. It was a medical bill. I wrote a big note on it describing the situation, put it back in the box and forgot about it. The next day it was back in my box. I marched up to the counter, explained the situation again and the lady said she would give it to the head guy (we'll call him Gary). Good. Thank you. Today not only was the same letter in the box (with a "Give to Gary" note on the letter) but another bill for the people. I'd had it. Back to the counter I went. Then I had to wait for Gary myself. And wait. And wait. Finally he arrived. "I'll call the other post office and see what they can do." He stated. Thank you government. I'm so impressed with how flawlessly the system works. Standing in a long line to get vague service is awesome. I wish you were in charge of our HEALTH CARE!

Quote of the Day: "It was a pretty disappointing day. It was kind of a slap in the face, to realize that I wasn't as important as I thought I was to a certain young executive. Who I had cared about. But you know, I'm not going to cry about it. I did that on the way home." -Michael Scott

3 comments:

Olive Wild said...

You need to come to OUR post office. Nice people. We likey. :o)

I'm so sorry they were so stupid.

Carroll said...

Hey Rach...I heard that you voted. Who did you vote for? ; )

kareng said...

a fine tv show, but the books had an enormous amount of words! My niece would request them when I said I would read to her! I much preferred Goodnight Moon!