Monday, October 06, 2008

Friday Night Fun




Well, with John gone to do National Guard stuff, my dad gone to a Civil War reenactment and it just me and my mom at the house...I thought I would take the opportunity to go to the emergency room. The stomach pain started Thursday night and by Friday night I was doubled over. We got right in (the only person there) they took me to a bed and hooked me up to morphine and a pepsid drip. Blood tests...nothin'. EKG...nothin'. Gall bladder...he saw something but it wasn't the cause of the problem. The doctor thinks it's possibly an ulcer. He asked me to follow up with my regular doctor and he put me on a bland diet. RIGHT! We got home about 4:45 and didn't set foot out of bed until 12:00 Saturday. Of all the emergency room visits I've had I can honestly say that was the best. Everyone was nice and they let us just sit and watch movies until we got results, however, I don't ever want to do that again. P.S.- I have the greatest mom ever.

Quote of the Day: "This is a good day. You guys accomplished something big. You lost a ton of weight, literally. A lot of weight. And I don't care what any stupid scale says, you guys are all gigantic losers."- Michael Scott.

5 comments:

Carroll said...

Oh no! I'm picking you up some saltines and ginger ale on the way home...

kareng said...

does that mean no taco bell?
I am praying for you Rachael, and check your calender!

babyarnie said...

I'm pretty sure they'll say no Taco Bell ever again. What a life!

Anonymous said...

Hey, speaking of that, did you know that the fiesta chicken soft tacos have 25 grams of fat in each one??

I had those same symptoms, but ended up being diagnosed (a few years later) with endometriosis.

Hannah E. Carson said...

It's probably just your twin trying to get out.