Sunday, April 01, 2007

Glamorous

Joy came over this weekend to help me around the farm. Lilly had her glamor shots by Martha on Saturday. That was just before we rode her (she was perfect) and Scout (he tried to dump me). Scout and I came to and understanding and finished the ride on a great note. He actually is smoother than Lilly. We also turned him out a few hours and let him get the "boy" out of him. Then, dun dun duuuunnnnnnn, we tried once again to pull Lilly's shoes off. After struggling with her for about an hour and having her lie down on Joy we surrendered and went to Taco Bell. We ended the day with a night trail (which was awesome) thanks to Cole and Noel. Tonight as I was feeding the 10 million horses I noticed that Lilly had pulled one of the shoes off all by herself. Stinkin' horse. Maybe that should be her show name.

Church today was very good. I'm enjoying more and more helping out with the kids upstairs in the morning. I can't wait until 5 day club cranks back up. Hopefully this year it won't be 100 degrees every day.


Famous Last Words: "Did you hear thunder ? Oh well hurry up and putt."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

She pulled the shoe off after all that? sigh... we should have just let her be :-)

Carroll said...

how fun! Oh - I have a surprise for you...

Lydia said...

The glamour shot turned out well, she looks like she's flirting...

Elizabeth said...

yeah, it's a good picture!

Rachael said...

She was flirting. She's checking out Scout in the round pen.

babyarnie said...

You have no idea how "un" photogenic that horse was on saturday!! And give Scout a break.. he was very good.

Anonymous said...

yea, that scout is a real fox. on a different note, ft knox's stable has been located, maybe ill bring scout up here with me, although a walking horse would be a little out of place here.

Carroll said...

I'd like to see you take a horse on a 10 hour ride through the mountains...