Friday, April 20, 2007

I Heart My Horse

My blacksmith showed up. I know, you don't believe me. But, it actually happened. Cole has a shiny new pair of shoes...and a much smaller foot. He's so happy and so is his momma. To clarify comments made on a previous post (after John called me in a panic that his horse was mentally disturbed) Scout and I finally came to and understanding yesterday. Instead of getting off of him when he started acting up I decided the best way to handle the problem was to stay on him and ride him through it. He acted worse than usual for a longer period of time. I could see is little mind working, "If back up really fast she'll get off." Not so fast. My dad was there with a handy dressage whip. When he backed up he got tagged. After awhile he began to learn and quit acting up. I guess that makes me the best horse trainer ever (until next time I get on). I can get him to follow me around the ring and back up with just hand movements. He'll be fine.


Famous Last Words: "Why is the rest of the Star Trek landing party wearing a different color?"

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

as soon as you said he wouldn't turn into another noel i knew everything was ok.

Lydia said...

What does the peacock picture have to do with the horse?

babyarnie said...

I took that lovely pic of the peacock. And you just have to know how Rach's mind works to link the two.

And John Juan..... we miss you and don't worry. If he's another Noel you'll never know b/c he'll be in a big hole behind the pond dam.

Joy said...

rach, you are a riding genius! oh, and GO MR. DONALD!