Friday, April 27, 2007

....And we're walking....

Scout was good 2 whole days in a row. And you know what they say...if they do it twice it's a habit (actually nobody says that). Wow, what hard work to retrain a horse to not be afraid of it's rider. Still not sure what the deal was with the run forward and then throw it in reverse. So, were either out of the woods with the attitude problem or I'll get thrown hard and sustain severe bodily damage. At least he's stopped kicking. And yes, he's grown and calmed down. I'm working with Lilly on the whole walking in a straight line thing. It's very interesting to me that out of every horse I've had they all wander around the road instead of just move forward. Maybe I ride crooked. Who knows...who cares. At least they're rideable. All but Spice anyway.

I've recently noticed that my entire blog has been taken over by training horses. If you have a horse you need trained, please don't call me. If you have ever entertained the thought that horse ownership would be fun, email me with your address and which tree in your yard I can tie one to. I'll be right over... hooking up the horse trailer as we speak.

Famous Last Words: "Well, we've made it this far."

9 comments:

Lydia said...

Kimberly wants a horse.

Anonymous said...

the only thing better than a blog about scout is a blog about scout and dump. glad to hear he's cleared 2 days of good behavior. as for the previous comment, save your pennies now, our barn opens in 3-4 months.

Wandering Family said...

I think our blog will soon become a one-topic deal too - language lessons! For some reason, even though we know that what we're really wrapped up in might not be that interesting to others, it's like we're compelled to blog about it anyway. Why is that?

Rachael said...

3 good days in a row.

babyarnie said...

I saw scout ride so nice today!! He has grown into a nice fine looking horse. Great job Rach. And John Juan..... I think she deserves a raise.

Carroll said...

I agree...although I think Rachael is developing a real attachment to Scout. John better come home soon, or she'll paint Noel to look like Scout and stick her in John's barn...

Anonymous said...

we'll see about that raise in a month. until then, please accept my personal thanks, which taco bell said was as good as cash.

Rachael said...

I just had an apostrophy. We need to trailer the babies to your farm the week you are home so we can get Scout used to your trails. Plus it's WAY off the road so if we need to bail we don't have to worry about cars hitting us...just trees and cows.

P.S.- Cole just beat up Scout. He gave him a bloody snout and they aren't even in the same pasture. Cole is going to military training school when I get home.

Anonymous said...

Actually, I have always said if you do something 2 times in a row it is a habit. Remember, I used to always say that in music in school when a group did something right and I wanted them to do it right again?

Anyway, are you reading the horse book I sent you. I have finished the other 2 in the series and if you are interested in reading them, I won't return them to the book swap.