Wednesday, April 18, 2007

It's Rodeo Time

I fell off Scout. Yes, you heard it right. It wasn't so much a dump as "I lost my balance and hit the ground." He was acting nasty and I swung my leg over to get off. He knew he was in trouble and took off running. That's when it happened. The first time in years a horse has gotten the better of me. We had a discussion about why hurting people is bad and I got back on. We rode for awhile in the ring with no problems at all. I got off, pulled the saddle and bridle off, and walked away. As I was leaving he got the last word...he thought. He reached his neck out and snapped my arm. Suddenly, the saddle flung itself from my hands and into him. I'm not sure how it happened. But he won't bite me again.

I hurt and I need a nap.

6 comments:

Carroll said...

Wow. Not cool at all. I think you need to re-visit John's 2x4 suggestion.

Rachael said...

The more I talk to others the more I'm learning that he was kind of like this before we bought him. It's nothing that can't be fixed.

Lydia said...

You threw a saddle at a horse?! Does PETA allow that?

Rachael said...

Well if PETA wants to come ride this horse I would be happy to stand by and watch...and video tape. He would change PETA's whole philosophy about animal rights.

babyarnie said...

My nickname is Mrs. PETA and I fully endorse throwing saddles at horses that try to kill you. In fact, I endorse throwing just about anything within reach at a horse that try's to kill you.

Wandering Family said...

Glue factory, meet Scout. Scout, meet glue factory.

Just saying - the world can always use more glue.