Thursday, April 05, 2007

10 Things I've Learned


about training 2 year olds:

10. Always wear a helmet, even if you look like a bobble-head.

9. If you are assigned the "make sure the horse doesn't lie down on me" position while your friend works on a horses shoe, the horse will lie down on your friend the second you look away.

8. One swift Karate kick to the base of a horse's foot will dislodge any shoe...even one nail gunned on (yes Joy, I got the other one off).

7. If you successfully pull any 2 shoes off of a horse you are immediately awarded the title "King of the World." Your also are intitled to scream it out at passing cars.

6. If your horse does a roll-back, throws his head up and groans...GET OFF!

5. Getting off too quickly can cause a string of catastrophic events.

4. Make sure your health insurance is paid up.

3. Baby horses have no brains. Don't expect them too.

2. When a person tells you he has "trained" your horse, it's just a figure of speech.

1. Training 2 year olds is a God given passion. If you don't have it...break the wrist and walk away!

12 comments:

kareng said...

Are you okay? I love your blog of the ups and downs of horses and emotions and well being! Beautiful pics!

Carroll said...

All I can think is that a year or two from now, you'll be saying "I want a baby horse..." ; )

babyarnie said...

Carroll, I think I heard her say that yesterday......

And by the way, I think most of those principles (I spelled it right Rich are you so proud) :) apply to raising children. Or so I've heard.

Lydia said...

Well, except you can't walk away, even if your wrist is broken...

Lydia said...

And Rach, I know next to nothing about horses, but I'm pretty sure that Lilly is one of the most beautiful horses EVER.

Rachael said...

Thank you so much. I'm going to apply for her new name soon. It's down to three:

1. Carolina Covergirl
2. Glamorous
3. Carolina Battlecry


What do ya' think? My personal favorite is the first one.

Carroll said...

you know...I kind of like the first one too...my second choice would be #3.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Martha, you've brought a tear to my eye. All the hard work has paid off. It is so rewarding. When I think of how you would have mangled that word just a few months ago... ;-)

(but I'm still keeping an eye on the two of you Dickenseseses)

Anonymous said...

now, you know what my choice of names would be... do we need to check the website and see how many votes have come in? ;-)

Lydia said...

Carolina Cover Girl or my pick: Battlecry in a Vanilla Sky:)

kareng said...

#1

Anonymous said...

. i think a good name wood be spike,or rebel,ye i like rebel thats a good name.