Thursday, March 29, 2007

Scout Is In Exile

Scout has decided that he would rather beat Cole up than be friends with him. By the time I got in the pasture Monday night he almost had Cole pinned to the ground. I ran screaming into the pasture until he let him up. Scout took the long walk to the stall. When he decides to be a gentleman, he can come back. So far, it ain't happnin'. Note the new shelter in the background (yes, it has been finished) : Cole and Lilly are afraid of it. This morning I found them standing in the pouring rain at the gait refusing to go anywhere near it. After 12 fights and baiting them with grain I finally got them to stand there (shaking with fear) under the shelter. Whether they'll stay in there or not is anybody's guess. They are Tennessee Walking Horses. I shouldn't expect too much too soon.


1 LAST THING: I need a new name for Lilly. Her show name is "Honky Tonk Badonkadonk." Yes, you heard it right. I am trying to rename her. Her dad's name is "Vanilla Sky", mom "Jennifer's Miss Priss", grandfather "Bridge's Battlecry", grandmother "Mackett's Pride." Whoever comes up with the best name wins.

Quote of the Day: "Someone must have the courage to lead the freak parade." -Don Imus

10 comments:

Carroll said...

yep...he's John's horse all right...

babyarnie said...

how about " bridges battlecry honky tonk badonkadonk mackettes pride lilly"? Sounds good to me.

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

What about "White Lilly Pad" or "White Lightning Lilly" or "Lilly Livered Horse" or "Lilly Putian"?

Come on, now. There's gotta be a winner in there somewhere!

Anonymous said...

"Screaming Midget of Doom".


I win. Totally.


Or, Fussell is a good name. Even for a horse.

Rachael said...

Fussell, you make me laugh...

Hannah E. Carson said...

"Rachael's 401K", "Echo of Angels", "Magua's bloody tomahawk

Carroll said...

How about "junk in the trunk"? (kidding)

Maybe something with "Tiger Lily" in it?

Anonymous said...

I vote to leave it. :-) I'd go to a show just to hear that name announced!

babyarnie said...

JUNK IN THE TRUNK!! I LOVE IT. TOMMY W. WOULD BE PROUD! :)

Lydia said...

Battlecry in a Vanilla Sky