Monday, December 05, 2005

The Grand Finale


Cole turned into this yesterday. I don't think he'll ever speak to me again. I couldn't bathe him before the horse show because it was so cold. Without fail it was 900 degrees at the show and he got all sweaty. So, I brushed him like crazy right before my first class. Apparantly this was the wrong thing to do because he bit me. I guess that means leave me alone and get out of my face. Anyways, he did great. Two second place ribbons...eventhough he wouldn't start cantering until he ran into the wall. I don't know what it is about the horse complex show ring wall that gets him so excited but at least once a year he has to plow into it to keep himself happy. That will end the show season for this year...finally. It's time for little Aari to come out of the pasture and become a useful part of society. Oh, and the reenactment thing went well also. I'm missing fingers and toes on account of the sleet but I guess that happens sometimes. And, Carroll and Joy didn't run away screaming. That's a good sign. Step two: making them camp out with us.

7 comments:

Joy said...

hannah, you're very convincing

Carroll said...

There are quite a few reasons why I don't camp out. They include, but are not limited to:

campfire smoke inhalation, going to bed without a shower, sleeping outside, going to bed without a shower, fear of snakes, going to bed without a shower, etc.

You get the idea. I had fun...but if I do it again, I may have to get my "authentic" dress back. Or start slugging people who make fun of my zipper...

Rachael said...

Being nasty is half the fun. Where else can you have greasy hair, smell like smoke, and not have on any makeup and the men still have to tip their hats at you?

Rachael said...

I had a #5 for lunch yesterday. M...M...Good.

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Stop talking about Taco Bell, or just Mexican food in general! You're making me hungry. I am having a significant craving for Santa Fe Nachos at the moment. Only one more week before I can enjoy real food again. Bojangles, Cracker Barrel, Smithfield's, and, most importantly, sesame chicken! It will be a veritable gluttonous feast when I arrive. Oh, and I can't wait to see y'all, either.

Rachael said...

I'll give you a tour of all the fast food joints when you come. Just in case you need help eating it all.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP »