Thursday, December 15, 2005

The Chicken Dance

Once upon a time there was a little red chicken. She lived in a pen at Martha's house with a whole bunch of other chickens. One night Martha forgot to shut her chicken pen which exposed the chickens to all sorts of horrible predators such as trolls, troggles, kerumudgens, and foxes. Well, one morning (very...very early) Martha was awoken by barking puppies. As she went outside to see if Santa Clause had come early she realized that her poor little red chicken was running straight for her. Close behind was a stupid, mean, ugly, probably rabid fox. In a mad panic Martha slammed the door and threw her body against it in an attmept to save herself. Oh, wait. I'm getting my stories crossed. Martha ran and got her husband Mike out of bed and said...and I quote..."Ahh! Hep! There is a fox a-runnin' at me. I'm a-gonna die!" Mike, being the manly man that he is ran to her rescue (not really but after much nagging he finally got up out of bed to take a look). In the end, the chicken was saved (we think cause she kind of ran off). The fox had stuff thrown at him and he decided not to push his luck. He would just wait until the next time the pen was left open. Which, will probably be tonight.

THE END

13 comments:

babyarnie said...

No one listen to her. It didn't happen that way at all. And we didn't throw "stuff" at it, we threw a gun at it. All is well in Chicken Land. :)

babyarnie said...

You would think that wouldn't you?? Well, why didn't someone inform the gun??

Joy said...

what a pretty fox!

Anonymous said...

I just like the part where Martha talks using a "a-gonna & a-runnin"

You need to talk like that over Christmas. I am laughing at my computer screen just reading this. How FUNNY!

'til i a-see you a-next time

-Keithan

Rachael said...

Yes, It's how we talk down here. Well, just Martha. I'll make her talk that way the whole time ya'll are here just to make you feel at home.

Anonymous said...

"And we didn't throw 'stuff' at it"

Hmmmm. "Stuff" must be Rach's newest word since she's been using it a lot lately. Someone toss her a thesaurus, please (and gently because we all know how girls "try" to catch things).

R

P.S. All you rabid Narnia fans might want to know that McDonald's will be serving Narnia Happy Meals starting today and word is that one of them is a Mr. Tumnus version. I forsee a large pile of Happy Meal boxes accumulating in the Dickens' and Evans' back yards...

Rachael said...

MR. TUMNUS!!!! I'm on my way to McDonald immediately. And, I called Hannah and she's on her way too!!!!
WAHOOO!!!!

babyarnie said...

What are you talking about- she doesn't anyway!

Rachael said...

Happymeal update: Today it's Lucy Pevensie. Martha and I both got one. Somewhere in the process I lost her and now I have to go scour the trashcan and car to see where I left her. AHHHH!!

Rachael said...

FOUND.

Carroll said...

You leave the office for 2 hours and there's all this excitement! I don't know that I want a Lucy...but i'll be watching for Mr. Tumnus.

Anonymous said...

Note to self - Get Rachael some razors for Christmas...

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. zebra print seat covers Top plastic surgeons cosmetic surgeons 57 willies jeep pictures Digital video camera good buy solar hot water heater making Beeding after oral surgery kenmore dishwasher door Acuvue bifocal order contact lens A & e tv all volvo parts Bass fishing in ohio http://www.audio-cabinets.info/Camcorders.html Roulete set