Monday, March 02, 2009

Horses and Stupid Ideas



Lilly tried to ski. She failed and now she's injured. She has lacerated the back of her rear leg and is now on medication and on stall rest. When I went to feed her supper and bring her in for the evening I noticed A LOT of blood on both of her hocks. I don't know how the blood got all the way up there unless she fell down and stayed down for awhile. It really freaked me out. I cleaned her up and scrubbed the wounds down the best I could. She wasn't really interested in me messing with her. She was in quite a bit of pain. The cuts are in a place that would be impossible to stitch. So, we have to settle with keeping it cleaned and medicated. I'll see if she's any better tomorrow. Ahhh, and right before show season. At least she's white so the scar won't be a different color.

My dress comes tomorrow. Fingers crossed!

Quote of the day:
Ryan: "A few years ago, my family was on a safari in Africa and my cousin, Mufasa, was... he was trampled to death by a pack of wildebeasts and we all took it really hard. All of us, kind of in the audience, of what happened."

Michael: "Do you want to talk about it anymore?"

Ryan: "Oh, it would probably take me like an hour and a half to tell that whole story."

7 comments:

babyarnie said...

The dress comes tomorrow!! Oh and sorry about Lills. She my fav so nothing better happen to her.

Elizabeth said...

I hope that she heals quickly! Yay for the dress!

Carroll said...

hey...I've got some extra furniture for you if you need it for your house...

Anonymous said...

yeah for the dress! just give Lilly lots of people food :-)

Elizabeth said...

I should come by and take some pictures of the horsies for that contest that Martha was tellin me bout!

PS- that comment above was Karen

Rachael said...

Elizabeth,

you can come by anytime. You may want to come to our farm and snap some. We have the barns and all. Just let me know what works for you!!

Elizabeth said...

Okay!