Monday, March 09, 2009

Etc.



This is a picture of John drawing in the dirt. He learned it from years on the farm while working with sneaky cows who would try to escape during cow capture day (usually around the first of the year). Now he uses it for the military. I hope he covers it up so any cows who might have learned to read by now won't know his plan. Lilly is still in recovery. I have been faithfully cleaning and putting nasty paste all over her leg since the vet came last week. She is getting more tolerant of me especially since I load her up with treats when we're done. I hate that we are missing some really valuable riding time but I need her to be 100% sound when we start back. Cole is getting tired of having to babysit her in the next stall. I can tell he's ready to get back outside. His legs have begun to lock up so he has to get daily exercise. I really don't want to go down that road again.

John has started a Bible study with the guys in his unit. Please pray that more guys will attend and that it will catch on.

John, I'm shipping you a box-o-stuff tomorrow (Tuesday) with the book in it.

Quote of the Day
Michael: So, bankruptcy is kind of like the witness protection program?
Oscar: NOT AT ALL.
Creed: EXACTLY.

4 comments:

Carroll said...

Awwww...look at John being all soldier-y. Isn't that cute?!?

I've stayed out of the M&Ms. They're still sitting by your chair waiting for you to come back and finish them off...

83rocketscientist said...

Reminds me of when Jesus was writing in the dirt...

Anonymous said...

Wow. I'm impressed with the Bible study, does he outline the lessons in the dirt too?

babyarnie said...

Oohhhh, he could market the whole Bible study in the dirt thing. It might catch on.