Thursday, April 30, 2009

Presenting.....The House!

Prepare for millions of pictures~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~












Katie inspired me to put up the pictures I took of the finished house. Some of the photos aren't that bright but hopefully you can see everything. The only thing left to do is put down hardwood floors in the big room. I am so happy with how it turned out. I'm even happier that I didn't have to do it...so are Martha and Carroll. John's parents had crown moulding put up as a wedding present (it's gorgeous!) and my parents provided a lot of the furniture. Most of it was redone by my dad in the shop behind the house. My next goal...and I have to wait for John...is to finish the garden wall in the back then start planting flowers. I would also like to have a vegetable garden after we get married. Martha is insisting on chickens but I'm pushing for a sheep. Don't tell John. Martha found one for $4 on Craig's List the other day. Now all the house has to do is sit and wait until John gets home. Only 244 more days!

Quote of the Day: "When Michael was in charge, this place was like the Roman Empire. And the Wild West. And war-torn Poland. There was just, a lot going on. So what you wore to work was the least of anybody's worries. And in the chaos, I soared." -Dwight Schrute

6 comments:

Carroll said...

Hooray for paint crews! And for sheep. I think you should just go ahead and get one and put it in the garden next to the stone lion and the psychedelic glowing mushrooms. : )

Carroll said...

And your porch inspires me. I just need to get a drain installed...

the infamous john frederic said...

i miss rachael, that house and all the fun projects already. i'll leave the calender to her, counting days takes forever.

Anonymous said...

I love the house - it is beautiful!! You have done a wonderful job decorating...

I am still waiting on my invite to see it in person.

John, she misses you too!!! We are praying for you daily.

Kathy

Rachael said...

Thanks so much. Kathy you can come anytime!! I wish the pictures were lighter so you could see more details. The paneled room will have hardwood floors eventually so right now the carpet doesn't exactly match. But the house has a really good "feel" to it.

babyarnie said...

If you look very closely, you can see the blood, sweat and tears that it took to make it look that beautiful. John Frederic.... get your hinny back here.(Noah has requested to see you)