Monday, April 06, 2009

Guess Who's Home!!



Well, he was home. Now he's gone again until Wednesday. Carroll and I had to go to the base to pick him up. Yep, they searched the truck. It's really uncomfortable having someone go through all your stuff. It was also raining and dark. We pulled into the parking area right before the bus with all the guys on it pulled up. It was so good to see him. We couldn't go straight home. Some of the guys needed a ride to find their peep's. Then we went to McDonald's. Then we took him to see his newly redone house. He really liked it. It isn't completely finished. He did have to take a shower by the light of a pink seahorse (don't ask). We'll finish that when he comes back (hopefully) for a few days later this week. It's really hard to catch up in just a few days but we don't have much of a choice. Especially when the army says to report one day, then says don't, then says do again, then doesn't have water for the troops. I think I'm complaining more than he is. But, he's almost done. That's the phrase for the next 9 months..."you're almost done."

Quote of the Day: "These people need love and I am going to get it for them. Who cares if we sell a little bit of less paper today. A great boss cares more about the happiness of his employees than anything else. I am going to be Cupid. And I am going to shoot my sparrow at unsuspecting victims. And they are going to get hit and say 'I'm in love! I was hit my Cupid's sparrow!' Funny little bird but he gets the job done." -Michael Scott

4 comments:

Joy said...

I'm so glad you got to see him even if it's for a bit... or to make him take a shower by the light of a pink seahorse :-)

babyarnie said...

This is from Noah " Hey John"

Carroll said...

Hooray for driving through Ft. Bragg without getting thrown into the brig!

Lydia said...

Enjoy every precious moment with your guy! I'm sorry it's such a short time:( I AM glad that you have the house to work on and keep you busy while he's away. Thinking of ya!