Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Play Days



Can you see the tree face?

We got our first ride in last week since John had been back. The past week and a half has been filled with John running back and forth to the base and us trying to cram everything in we can while he's here. We took the horses all over his farm and rode to the very back of the property. There is a really cool tree that Joy and I found that has a face carved in it. It's kind of creepy! I got off, waded through the creek and got pictures. The water was freezing. Today we tried to go to the Battalion send off for all the guys in Fayetteville. By the time we got there the fire marshal had ordered the doors to be closed because they said too many people were inside. So, we called John and told him we would watch it on t.v. and had go home. Ah, it's almost over, right?

Quote of the Day: "Maybe the Michael Scott Paper Company... was a huge mistake. I should leave, I should go, and start my own paper company. That'll show 'em." -Michael Scott

3 comments:

the infamous john frederic said...

yes!, another example of the brigade's superb planning ability...or not. but at least I'm home for a couple more days, or until we get recalled.

Carroll said...

That face has a Mona Lisa face. It's looking at me weird...like it knows something and is smirking at me...

babyarnie said...

As one who has seen the tree face personally I'll have to admit it's pretty creepy. You won't catch me in those woods after dark.