Sunday, January 04, 2009

Project #14



I am almost finished painting the window trim at John's house. Then, on to the next thing. I'll be tackling the walls that had to be patched because of cracks. That comes out to be....every wall in the house. My favorite part is the pain choosing. I'm loving the earthy colors like greens etc. I'll be posting the rooms (hopefully) as I finish. One of the biggest projects will be the bed room (pictured). I was at first nervous about painting around the massive bed but then I remembered what it was like when I had to paint it the first time around all of his army stuff. Wow! That was a lot of stuff. I heard from John tonight and they are safely where they are going for their next training stint. I think he really left so he wouldn't have to paint anymore. I'm buying a plane ticket and going too.

Quote of the Day: "I've been doing a lot of abstract painting lately, extremely abstract. No brush, no paint, no canvas, I just think about it." -Stephen Wright

5 comments:

babyarnie said...

OK when you told me we'd have to repaint the whole room b/c of the crack repair I really didn't believe you but OH MY GOSH!! We're gonna have to repaint the whole house! Oh well..... we have nothing else to do ;)

Carroll said...

HIRE SOMEONE. Go get John's checkbook from Fred and have fun.

I'm just saying...

Olive Wild said...

I vote for Carroll's idea! Um, could we use his checkbook to repaint at our house?

83rocketscientist said...

LOL CARROL!!!!

Yeah...well...I bought a bunch of kitty stuff today...you would be proud. I have a groming brush, Meow Mix, HARD CLUMPING litter, a litter box with a door, and a feeding dish! How does that sound?

I do have a question! The Meow Mix I have has corn in it??? Is this ok? If is not...I can return it and get a different bag...I have the reciept!

Rachael said...

Actually, any Meow Mix works. I'm pretty sure it's drugged because my cats flip out and don't eat for days if I try to sneak even a generic in on them.