Tuesday, March 11, 2008

It's Otosclerosis...or...not that.


Well, it's that time of year again. Yep, surgery. I finally failed my hearing test bad enough that my doctor thinks it justifies surgery. GREAT. I hate surgery. But, he thinks he can fix me. I can't imagine how he could possibly know especially since he doesn't exactly know what's wrong with me. Sigh. Nevertheless, March 27th is D-day. I was pretty sure it was out patient surgery. And, it is...only you have to spend the night. So I guess it's really in patient surgery. Maybe I'll get a lot of rest time. I can't ride horses for 3 weeks after the procedure and I have a 3 night horse show in May. On the upside, I'll be able to hear the great organ music bettter!


Quote of the Day: "Well apparently in the medicine community, negative means 'good.' Which makes absolutely no sense. In the real world community that would be chaos." -Michael Scott

10 comments:

Olive Wild said...

Can you hear me now...? Beware the hospital food! Do they allow out-patient pizza (or in your case, burritos) for in-patient patients? We'll mark our calendars and be praying it goes well.

babyarnie said...

Oh I LOVED the food when I was there. Perhaps it was b/c I hadn't eaten in 14 hours and had just pushed a baby out for 3 1/2 hours and was ravenous but whatever...

Oh and if it weren't your ear it would be some other wierd thing, like your elbow.

kareng said...

We will be praying for you,even if you are an outpatient/inpatient!

Carroll said...

I still can't believe you broke your ear. I'm sending Hannah with you. Maybe the doctor will fix two ears for the price of one...

Anonymous said...

Oh rachael, that stinks! If you had the surgery down here I'd come visit you in my white coat and poke black medival looking things in your ears :-)

Anonymous said...

I had ear surgery... was not too bad, you just have to speak a little louder in my left ear :)

Hannah E. Carson said...

Just pour some peroxide down your ear and eat a taco. If that doesn't work, Oozey said you could swab it out with her tail. It's especially clean and sterile today.

Rachael said...

Ahhh...cat tail. I'm still sure Peri stuck something in my ear while I was sleeping.

Lydia said...

How come no one ever suggested surgery for me? I'm bummed. Hope everything goes well for you, Rach!

83rocketscientist said...

Ya know Rach....I am getting my wisdom teeth pulled March 28th!!!! Perhaps we can sit and sulk together???