Thursday, May 24, 2007

Never Give Up....Never Surrender!

Yes, I went to the horse show. No, the judge didn't like me. So, what do you do if the judge doesn't place your horse? Ride in the next class. Then, ride in the next class. And so forth. Guaranteed by the end of the championship class he will be so worn down that he'll give you a ribbon hoping you will just go away. Thank goodness Cole knows how to canter or we would still be flat walk/running walking around that arena. He actually liked our canter. We ended up with 5th out of 10. A pink ribbon. Oh well. Better than nothing. Cole is now happily in his pasture with his wife Lilly.

Now for some medical news. I really did break my ear. I go Friday to meet my surgeon. I know he'll laugh at me like the other doctor did. Who cares as long as he can fix it. I have kitties left to give away. The gray one is off the market (going to live at Carroll's new house). There is still an orange/white (boy), calico (girl), black/white (girl), black (girl...so cute I might keep her myself). Put in your orders now. They will be vetted at no charge to you and ready for their new homes in a few weeks. I'm so tired of feeding them every 3 hours I might bring them to you now with a bottle and instructions.

Quote of the Day: "Eagles may soar in the heavens but weasles don't get sucked into jet engins."

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I would take the little orange boy but the "Cat Nazi" won't let me.

p.s. I'll shave Oozey's head if Carroll actually takes that little grey kitty.

babyarnie said...

At least you didn't get the doo doo brown ribbon.

Joy said...

do they include free transportation to TX? and i was pretty happy with 5th place, i thought you did wonderfully!

Lydia said...

What is the medical terminology for what is going on with your ear? I'm confused...

I'm tempted to get a cat...a girl...I don't know, I hate animals but they're so cute...what should I do?...NAH...maybe?...I already have two...

babyarnie said...

Lydia, have you lost your mind??? What in the world would you want another cat for. There is always a possibility that it would be another Herschel!!

Anonymous said...

Speaking of cats, did you hear the story about Claude getting into the dog pen while everyone was at the e-room with Hannah and his owner's dad keeping the dogs from getting him and when he disappeared (the cat)---he was up in the tree behind the dog pen in the dark and the owner's mom had to climb a ladder to rescue said favorite cat. So you see exciting things happen at home while everyone else is at the emergency room already. Hope you are OK, Hannah!

Lydia said...

That Hannah! Poor Claude and Hannah- they are kindred spirits. (I'm on a Anne of Green Gables kick)

Carroll said...

Herschel is dead.

kareng said...

what's wrong with Hannah?

and yeah for the owner's parents stepping up to help the wayward kitty, Claude!

Lydia said...

Herschel IS dead, and Martha's right. I might get another one. Better not chance it...

Richpo the Unmagnificent said...

Y'all better watch how you speak of the departed!!!

Anonymous said...

You totally ripped that quote off from me.

Lydia said...

Who's Fussell?

Anonymous said...

Let's pretend he's the toymaker from "Babes in Toyland." Wasn't that his name? Or am I thinking about the old man in "The Diary of Anne Frank." It was the same actor that played both parts.