Friday, May 11, 2007

I Broke My Ear

My doctor actually laughed at me when I told him how I hurt myself. Then we did a hearing test (25% hearing loss in my left ear). He said it my be the joints around the bones so inflamed that it won't let sound pass through or I have broken...or moved a bone. Bone issues require surgery. NOT TODAY! Since my ear drum is so badly bruised I am on Prednizone to make the swelling go down. Now I hear a buzzing sound every time somebody talks. Maybe that's a good sign.

I'm going to try to get back on Scout today. All you PETA people don't go crawlin' up on my back. He hasn't been in a stall for 2 weeks. He's out in the pasture with Lilly...especially since someone sent her busting through the fence. The picture is Scout eating his Easter morning breakfast. It was m...m...good.

Quote of the Day: "I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying." -Oscar Wilde

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mmmmmm pelletized horse feed. dont worry too much about riding scout, i authorize you 24 hours of rest. besides, he'll be ridden into the ground in a couple weeks.

Carroll said...

1 - I thought ears were made of cartilage.

2 - Did Scout get a peep with his Easter breakfast??

Joy said...

oh Rachael - you need to sign-up for the 'somewhat normal health problems' club... and carroll, the outer ear is mainly cartilage, however the middle ear has three bones the malleus, the incus, and the stapes.

Lydia said...

heehee, I love Joy! Rach, Predisone is awful! I won't tell you why...and now you can somewhat understand how I can possibly NOT hear people sometimes- I have 50% hearing loss in both ears.

Rachael said...

The stapes is commonly called the stirrup because of the way it is shaped. If I could pick one to break it would probably be that one. It's a horse thing.

and he did get a peep.


The hearing loss wouldn't be quite so bad if it didn't feel like something was jammed in my ear. I keep feeling like I need to take something out.

babyarnie said...

Don't go stickin' your finger back in your ear. You know what happens when you do that.