Tuesday, November 29, 2005

When the Rain Comes


"Rain in Sunset" by Picchi Anchise
Reprinted from www.InspirationLine.com
I'm selling Cole for $1. I suffered the driving winds and rain to feed him this morning in the hopes that he had not dumped over ALL of his water. And, sure enough. I had to trudge across the road fill up the buckets, wait for traffic to let me back across, and then give him a lecture on why it's bad to dump over his water during a typhoon. Now, I'm soaking wet and nasty. But, my spirit isn't broken. I want to win that stinkin' free horse on Thursday. I'm not sure where I'd put her. Maybe I'll draw John's name for Christmas and he'll mysteriously get a little Arabian in his pasture. Anyways, if anyone wants to volunteer to feed my horses for the rest of my life, I'll have a sign-up sheet ready on Wednesday.

p.s.-Everybody email me your address. It's Christmas card time!!!!

12 comments:

Carroll said...

Sold! Now I have John's Christmas taken care of. Now I just have to find a place to hide him until the 25th...

Oh...and if you show up with your musical trash can lids, I'll shoot through the door.

babyarnie said...

I'll pay you $5 just so I don't have to take him!

Joy said...

what is that? Rachel is paying martha five dollars for a horse with a migrane to go and play musical trash can lids for Carroll's christmas present? Do I know these people? :)

Anonymous said...

ill be glad to take any horses off your hands, the only problem is sneaking them past fred. as for chase, i might have to defer, unless cats can be used as coyote bait, hmmm, that gives me an idea.

Carroll said...

No Hannah...Chase is for you. He said that you're his favorite...

Rachael said...

There will be no baiting of any animal with my poofy cat. He can't run fast enough to defend himself. I think you can bait coyotes with some corn and a salt block anyways. Yeah, I'm positive. They also like dogs named Max.

Anonymous said...

Hannah,
We all know you're lying about John wanting Chase for Christmas. Everyone knows you could never find enough ribbon to fit all the way around him.
- J

babyarnie said...

Hey. Strangly I'm affended by that statement.

Sincerely,

Baby Arnie

Carroll said...

Don't worry Arnie...you're not fat, you're fluffy! (At least that's what I tell Wuga)

babyarnie said...

I resent that comment.

Anonymous said...

Raining its Pouring... Find me a daytona roofers Today.. If you are having problems with your roof. Look no more.. Visit us at http://rooferr.com and get the information aboutdaytona roofers.. If you cant find what you need go to http;/contractorr.com ..

Anonymous said...

That's a great story. Waiting for more. mcse online course Cosmetics universal city texas cheap scrub jackets infant life jackets breast tenderness clomid