Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sleeping in Woods With Spiders

Well, we didn't actually "Rally round the Bonnie flag" this weekend (got stuck being Federal) but a good time was had by all. After dodging ginormous spiders and near catching the poofy dresses on fire incidents we finally made it through 2 days of living in the woods. And yes, cheese and salami can sit out on a plate all day on a warm day and not kill you. The highlight of the event was definitely the dance. Poor Tommy, Mike, and Marshall. I hope you have recovered from me and Amory dragging you all over the place. Especially the hour and a half long, 10,000 people Grand March. Anyway, can't wait till next time.

Oh, and Tommy, if you ever play that snare drum at 6:30 in the morning again I'll poke a hole in it.

11 comments:

babyarnie said...

A la several more good reasons I don't camp anymore.!!

Joy said...

i think i'll stay at home with my alarm clock and refrigerated food, well maybe just until Mordecai...

Carroll said...

Yep...definitely chose wisely. Now...exactly WHICH poofy dress did you almost set fire to? I knew I should have gotten a security deposit...

Anonymous said...

Make sure you post pictures.

Of Civil War re-enacments:

Paddle faster! I hear banjo music!


Go Medieval Re-enactments! SCA!

Anonymous said...

i'm going to stop by at 6 tomorrow morning on my way to work and play for ya

Anonymous said...

Now, wait a minute...was it you who used not to camp out on the floor at night when we were little for fear of bugs crawling on you?!

Rachael said...

Yes Rubberband...twas I. But, in my ever-maturing years I have come to realize that Deep Woods OFF is a friend who has become very near and dear to my heart. Ozone Layer nothin'.

Anonymous said...

There is nothing wrong with being Federal. You'ins need to get over it and accept the fact that the North rules! Go Yankees!

Carroll said...

No more of your heresy! And if you love the North so much...Delta's ready when you are!

Rachael said...

Blatant honesty Matt. You get a sticker. And probably a plaque from this group. I think Dave is on his own.

Anonymous said...

You guys are just jealous. You know you wish you were from up north like me.