Monday, November 09, 2009

SAY WHAT!?


Sunday morning at 5:00am I took my horses out of this beautiful area......

Loaded up some friends,an extra horse and all of our junk....

And scampered off to a horse show 2 hours away.

We got to the show and realized that our classes were about to start so we frantically groomed the horses and ourselves.

Just as we were about to ride to the arena they announced that they were delaying the show for 2 1/2 hours. We knew then that we would have problems. At that point we were informed that the judge didn't know anything about Spotted Saddle horses or what gaits they were to call for in the ring. Uh oh! Jessica almost tackled the gate keeper. Then the fun started. Lilly was the best she has ever been at a show. We placed next to last. After being able to watch a few classes I realized that if the horses were shaking their heads (the dominate trait of the Tennessee Walking Horse) he didn't like them. The announcer kept calling Lilly "Imagine of Battlecry." Then, someone "corrected" her and she called her "Imaageee of Battlecry" for the rest of the show. In my frustration and utter rebellion I put Jessica (the mom of the very large brown horse shown above (that they kept calling "Judge's Golden," which is also not his name) on Imaageee for the last class. She truly should have won. But, it's hard to get Lilly into a Quarter Horse gait. I may sound very sarcastic...and I mean too...but I ended up having a good time. Just look at all the ribbons.....CUPS.....we came home with. That show will have 3 less exhibitors next year.

3 comments:

Carroll said...

That'll teach you to go to Williamston...

So...you and me. Tacos. Soon. : )

babyarnie said...

No No Carroll, it may SOUND like Williamston or the State Fair or ...... well you get the idea.... but this one happened to be in Dobson.

I'm SOOOOO sorry I missed it.

the infamous john frederic said...

You know, we could display the cups in the barn lounge with your other awards, except people would probably steal them and use them to drink out of. I officially share the outrage over AQHA plastic cups used for TWH awards.