Monday, October 19, 2009

I don't know if you've heard....



Cole and Lilly both won reserve state champion on Saturday night!!! These aren't the pictures but I have some of them coming. This was the first show I didn't get crazy/nervous at. Friday night was an average night for Cole. We achieved our goal of "not last" and then headed into youth day hoping for good results. Cole showed Lilly and Sarah showed Cole. How's that for confusing. When I was talking to them I would have to specify Cole Horse and Cole Boy. Both of them make wonderful rides but Sarah was the one who brought home the ribbons. It was hard to do with 25+ riders in the class. Youth day ran late and I had to run back to the barn...on the other side of the universe...to get ready for our evening classes. We JUST made it. Then I realized I didn't have proper tack and I had to SPRINT IN MY FULL WESTERN OUTFIT back to the barn (on the other side of the universe) to get my junk and run back. I almost passed out. But we qualified for our championship and still had time to bring Cole (the horse) back out of his cozy stall for his last class. He beat great horses and some world champions. I was genuinely shocked after taking 5th the night before. Lilly had a smaller class but was able to take out some tough competition to take 2nd in her last class. Then we packed up so fast my dad had to make sure we didn't forget the horses. I'm hitting one more show this year and then the horses are getting some much deserved time off. Then John comes home. Yeah!!!

Quote of the Day:
Michael Scott: I will have the spaghetti. With a side salad.
Waitress: Ok.
Michael Scott: If the salad is on top, I send it back.

5 comments:

Claudia said...

Congratulations! I had 2 people at church comment about your winning photo! Can I have your autograph?

Rachael said...

Sure, I only give out a limited amount of autographs. Apparently it runs the price up if you do that;)

Thanks! We had a great show!!!

Carroll said...

Yay Rach!

I'm just glad Cole didn't try to shake hands with the judge during his second show on Friday...

babyarnie said...

Hooray!! I think they looked the best ever. I hope you are going to split the prize money due to the fact that we brought 2 2 yr. olds out in the cold, Noah had an allergic reaction, AND caught the stomach bug that caused him to throw up and therefore pass it on to us :)

kareng said...

congratulations Rachael!