Monday, November 17, 2008

Winner By Default




I got a phone call on Friday that Cole won the adult high point award for heavy shod plantation horses at the horse show last May. WHAT? The highest award Cole won at the show was a second! Then I figured it out. The other people showing in the class were from out of state and weren't members of the club. Therefore (I said therefore:))we won! I'm not able to go to the award ceremony so they were putting the ribbon in the mail. I'll be camped out by the mailbox until it comes. Also, Lilly will be attending her second show in December. I am very excited. I hope she is. She just got a shiny new pair of shoes. We broke them in well on Saturday when Lilly stepped in a hole that went down to her chest and Martha plummeted to the ground. It was scary for about 2 seconds and then we about fell off laughing. John, Mike, Martha and I rode for a few hours on Saturday and got caught in the monsoon. It was great.

Quote of the Day:

Maxwell Smart: I think it's only fair to warn you, this facility is surrounded by a highly trained team of 130 black op snipers.
Siegfried: I don't believe you.
Maxwell Smart: Would you believe two dozen Delta Force commandos?
Siegfried: No.
Maxwell Smart: How about Chuck Norris with a BB gun.

2 comments:

Carroll said...

Yay! A win is a win. Take it and run!

babyarnie said...

I've always said enter enough times and they'll get sick of looking at you and give you something. Hurray! And as for the falling off I did on Sat..... I'll have to agree it was hilarious!!