Friday, August 01, 2008

Citizen Soldier





So, I went to family day with John to learn why he's an army of one. I was able to play in the simulator while humming the National Guard theme song. I learned his job isn't as hard as he thinks it is. I blew up 1 BMP-2 (whatever that is) and killed numerous terrorists (civilians...the computer made it very unclear)and had a great time. Then we ate barbecue. It was a good time. I still don't want him going to Iraq but at least he's confined to a huge canister of metal with guns. That will probably be the only family day I go to since he's leaving. I want a simulator for my birthday.

Quote of the Day: "Yeah, I went hunting once. Shot a deer in the leg. Had to kill it with a shovel. Took about an hour. Why do you ask?" -Michael Scott

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

rachael, this looks like it was a lot of fun! maybe not quite as much as forging new trails through the woods with horses that hate water... but fun nontheless :-)

Carroll said...

hee hee....citizen soldier...hee hee...

babyarnie said...

And John thinks his job his hard.... Ha! Looks like a piece of cake to me. :)

Anonymous said...

That second picture of you is really good Rachael. I was going to get you a tank for Christmas but decided to get you a can of Carolina Blue paint instead so that you can redecorate John's house while he's gone.

Hannah

Rachael said...

I just bought Carolina blue paint for the sun room floor. John said it's ok because we will be walking on it.

burke said...

i'll be sure to play in the mud before i come walking in on that floor.....