Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Wow

I'm covered in grunge and animal hair. I'm feeding dogs and horses (and now fish) for a neighbor of mine for the next week. He has a fantastic house way off the road full of antiques but dogs everywhere. And they bark and bark and bark. I don't feed all of the dogs. Some of them live in stalls in the horse barn and are really aggressive. If I ever don't show up for work come look for me. I probably accidentally opened one of those stalls. This morning my mom was standing inside the house and heard a thumping sound on the window. She looked outside and nothing was there. Now she's afraid to go back inside. GREAT. Just in time for Halloween.

Quote of the Day: "Employee of the month is a good example of how somebody can be both a winner and a loser at the same time." -Demetri Martin

9 comments:

Carroll said...

Apparently the outside banging is going around. I would send John Juan over to sleep on your couch for protection, but he will be sleeping on our couch for the next 5 years...

Lydia said...

That scares me...I too heard thumping in the night. But I sleep with a big guy:)

babyarnie said...

Carroll, get a BIG bar that goes across your door and I promise that you'll sleep like a log. I'd let you borrow mine but it's in use.

Carroll said...

I think a bog bar only works if the top 2/3 of the door isn't glass that could be punched through. Leave it to me to go for style over security...

Wandering Family said...

Rach, that's nothing. Tell your mom she can't complain until Aunt Whoever-it-was shows up to sabotage the plumbing and she gets rained on in the middle of the night.

Anonymous said...

Aunt Myrtle, may she rest in peace.

Wandering Family said...

I thought it was Aunt Myrtle! But then I remembered Aunt Merletta and I thought I had misremembered since it was close to her name.

Carroll said...

OK...we're gonna need to hear that story...

Lydia said...

Yes, please tell...