Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Floater


My goldfish died last night. I think I killed him by accident. We've been putting Martha's water in our well for the last few months because we have no water. I'm pretty sure he didn't like the taste of it. My dad has to get him out of the tank tonight unless we have any volunteers. I am seriously afraid of him. He weighs about 400 pounds. He should have died 2 weeks ago during the camp out and Miles could have eaten him. I'm sad he's gone but he was about 4 years old.


Quote of the Day: "They say such nice things about people at their funerals that it makes me sad that I'm going to miss mine by just a few days."
-Garrison Keilor


10 comments:

Carroll said...

Sorry to hear about your fish! 4 years is pretty good for a goldfish...but now you don't have to shake somebody down to clean out your fish tank every month or so...

Anonymous said...

I have a kid at school who's fish died last week. It was dead when they went to feed it before going to bed. He's still having nightmares...

babyarnie said...

I would love to say that I am heartbroken but I won't lie. I was scared of those fish.

Lydia said...

Who gets scared of goldfish?! Was your fish some kind of mutant?

Carroll said...

Did you ever see the fish? It had huge eyes and was super creepy...

Anonymous said...

Do you still have your sea monkies? They were dead for years and you didn't get rid of them - - what's the hurry with the goldfish?

Rachael said...

My goldfish got bigger and BIGGER....the sea monkeys are long gone. Or maybe they are living the septic tank.

Elizabeth said...

I once had a fish for like a year and a half...his name was buddy, he was a beta...

Anonymous said...

Those Sea Monkeys ARE in the septic tank - and now THEY have grown - and have their own little colony - you just wait - - one night when it is really quiet - -

babyarnie said...

OK Rach you've gotten enough mileage from the dead stinky fish. Would you like Noah to tell you what a fish says?? Now it's time for an update.