Friday, October 05, 2007

Waiting...and waiting...and waiting....and wai


What do you get when you have fishing line, a bobber, bait, and a creek....nothing. I don't think fish exist in our part of the country. I should have dumped my goldfish in just to make things exciting. I came home from the camping trip with a massive case of poison ivy. I guess not missing the first 7 weeks of survival class would have prepared me better for the shelter building, fish hunting, poisonous plant survival. I'm going to the doctor.

Quote of the Day: " If you're being chased by a police dog, try not to go through a tunnel, then on to a little seesaw, then jump through a hoop of fire. They're trained for that!"
-Milton Jones

13 comments:

Carroll said...

I almost didn't see John in that picture...

Lydia said...

That's a cute picture. Glad you enjoyed camping so much. Maybe next time I'll go....(insert maniacal laughter here).

Anonymous said...

What you can't see in the picture is the 12 year old boy hitting the creek with a stick trying to scare the fish out of the water.

azulalegria said...

um... looks like fun. yeah.

babyarnie said...

Or the 12 year old boy catching the frog that he intends to eat over the fire.

Carroll said...

reason #293487 why I don't camp...

Wandering Family said...

I would agree with Carroll that John almost disappears into the background were it not for the angelic beam of light cascading down onto his head. How much did he pay to have that set up?

Anonymous said...

correction, that's called a Devil Ray

Anonymous said...

i dont know, crazy ed from the old apt complex in raleigh always said he saw the "spirit of God" all around me. maybe he wasn't that crazy after all.

babyarnie said...

I'm so glad someone else noticed that!

Anonymous said...

Vince did too!

Carroll said...

the "light of God" was around John...but not his roommate Travis...

Anonymous said...

and travis is still bitter to this day