Friday, September 21, 2007

Major Crisis Averted!

Dump had been missing since Monday. We had been playing it cool but by last night we were all pretty worried. So, me...Freda...Mommy...and Jimmy (with the help of Claude and Lottie) launched a recovery mission. Everybody knows when a cat has been gone more than 2 days rescue becomes recovery. No luck. We looked everywhere including the sides of the road. I spent a great part of this morning calling local vets giving notice of a tough bowlegged black cat. I even called some questionable mafia connections for any sighting whatsoever with no luck. Well, my mom just called me and Dump is hungry/scraggly/and sitting on my porch. It's a good thing because we were drawing straws as to who was going to call John F. and tell him his cat was awol.

Not me!

Quote of the Day: "The sun rose slowly, like a fiery furball coughed up uneasily onto a sky-blue carpet by a giant unseen cat." -Michael McGarel

4 comments:

Carroll said...

I'm so glad he's OK! It would have been terrible to lose TWO black cats so close to their national holiday!

Anonymous said...

everyone calm down, dump was just moving his things into his new house and making friends with max.

babyarnie said...

Now i know that's not true because Max has no friends.

Anonymous said...

Now, wait a minute, babyarnie, you know Max and I have a long and close understanding...I don't look at him and he doesn't eat my face off! Ms. J.