Wednesday, February 28, 2007

Winter Light

I can tell the light has changed. It's almost Spring. That means work picks up and the horses get grouchy. I'm already letting the grass grow in the upper pasture. So, DON'T TOUCH THE WHITE FENCE. Major made that mistake the other day while being mean to Aari. He bumped his nose into a normally unhot part of the fence. It pretty much ruined his day and his supper. He wouldn't go near his food bucket. We are going to attempt to finish the horse pasture this weekend. That means by Monday Cole could be test driving the new grass. Well, right after I teach him that it's wrong to plow through the fence. Something I failed to teach Sunrise. I'll probably dump Aari in there with him until he gets the hang of it...or until Scout comes.

Cole is getting a few days off. I had the farrier (yes, he showed up) trim his back feet too short. Now he's sore (bad horse owner, bad!). That's as far as I've gotten in training him these last few weeks. Oh, and he can 360 a little better.


Quote of the Day: "If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong."
-Pat Parelli

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm going to come take a few days off and curl up and sleep in Cole's stall while he is recovering ;-)

babyarnie said...

Cole's stall is bigger than my bedroom. And has a better view of the farm. And by the way, Noel doesn't look that bad in that pic.

Carroll said...

Do you think Scout and Cole will get along and not hate each other?

Rachael said...

Cole will love Scout. And be his bestest friend. And hug him and squeeze him......

Carroll said...

...and call him George.

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Not only is Cole's stall nicer than our future apartment, it's probably better-furnished and warmer in the winter. I wish I were Cole.

Carroll said...

If you were Cole you would have to know the difference between a flat walk and a show walk...and no one knows that. Count your blessings.

Rachael said...

And know every word to "Puttin' on the Ritz."