Tuesday, January 02, 2007

When Movies Attack


I finally made it to a movie theater last night. This is a big accomplishment for me. It meant that I was able to manipulate someone (someone being my mom and dad and probably Martha) into feeding 5 horses, 2 (smelly) dogs, and cats. "What movie did you watch?" you ask. Well, if there is a movie that even resembles Lord of the Rings I'll be there. This time it was Eragon. It was pretty good. Not real sure about a talking dragon...especially when you can recognize the actress' voice. Plus, they left out a lot of the story which left thousands of holes. One major hole being the fact that they kept stating that the dragon wasn't old enough to breath fire. 10 minutes later it looked like the 4th of July. Boy did she grow up fast. Plus, I was scared of the bad guy. Other than that, it was a pretty good movie. If you don't like "Harry Potter" like movies than it definitely isn't for you.

P.S.- Claude says thank you for his Christmas present from Oozie.

10 comments:

babyarnie said...

Definately sounds like not my kind of movie but I missed seeing you guys!!!

Carroll said...

Hey Martha - we missed you! It wasn't that bad. I may have even cried a little bit...

Rachael said...

Cried...they had to mop the theater when you left!

Anonymous said...

Carroll you cried that much?!

Joy said...

hehe, sounds like everyone had a great time - and Rachael, you know I will happily feed the animals ANYtime!

Lydia said...

Did Hannah go with you? 'Cause she was supposed to see that movie with ME- GRRRR! Invite me next time:)

Anonymous said...

I won't tell you if Hannah went or not. I know she sure didn't sit beside me and laugh like crazy at the really obvious "epic movie" line while the dragon swoops in to save the day. I know I didn't laugh hysterically (while sitting beside Hannah who may or may not have been there).

-rach

Carroll said...

I'm pleading the 5th on whether or not I cried and whether or not I sat beside Hannah...

Anonymous said...

I know not of this dragon movie that you speak of. All I have to say is "But I am Harry Potter!!"

Lydia said...

Well, she made up for it by taking me to the movies this weekend (well, I got in free cause it was my bday-but she drove). Anyway, I heard I should or maybe that was should NOT read the book first:)