Monday, January 08, 2007

Backyard Trainers..and poor little Cole

FYI-This is not my horse
Today I'll ride Cole. This is not the first time mind you. We have been going through a grueling workout the past several weeks (by grueling I mean we do a lot of walk/high-walk around the farm with a little bit of eating grass worked in). Nevermind the fact that I also have to work in leg cues which make me unable to walk for hours after I ride. He is, however, getting in great shape and learning how to use all of his leg muscles without being in pain. I'm so proud of him (today I'll fall off and be mad at him but right now I like him). I had this great apostrophe a few months ago that I would start him early this year so by show season, which is usually in the heat of summer, he would already be where he needs to be. That means less attitude and a lot more focus. Cole has a tendancy to be great while working at home and then lose his mind when we get to a show. So, we're working on that too.

Oh, props to the people at Purina who make the horse feed Ultium and whoever makes Corta-Flex. You make my life easier...well...except when the liquid stuff freezes up and refuses to pour out and I'm running late for work and I get sticky stuff all over me. You know what, nevermind.

Rachael's Quote of the Day: "I have the ability of single-minded determination and focu... Hey, look! A horse!"

4 comments:

Carroll said...

I saw the neck-reigning horses on TV yesterday between football games. Can Cole slide to a stop like they do??

Rachael said...

Only when he encounters horse eating monsters in the woods. Then he does his world famous "slidetoastopanddumpRachael" move.

babyarnie said...

Don't tell a tale.... that picture is definately of Cole.

Joy said...

you go girl! I know the not-being-able-to-walk feeling all to well...