Thursday, October 26, 2006

Supper Time

Cole started his new medication on Tuesday. I found Corta-Flex at the feed store and since he's not on Bantamine anymore I thought I'd give it a try. Has anyone had experience with it before (Joy)? It smells kind of wierd and it's pretty pricey. I'm hoping it'll help with his stifle and back problems. Plus, he's almost 12 years old. I've decided to show him western next year. So, we're learning how to neck rein. Cole's pretty opinionated so teaching him to be calm and responsive is a massive challenge. Anyone who needs some saddle time and wants to come ride let me know. I have to keep him in shape this winter so I don't have the lameness next year.

Ahhh...the blessings of horse ownership.

5 comments:

Carroll said...

Cole is so handsome! (even if he did try to break your fingers...)

Anonymous said...

i'll ride anytime you want! T

Joy said...

Corta-Flex... Hmmm, isn't that the supplement that has Chondrotin and Glucosamine? If it is, then yes I've used it before. I know there isn't a whole lot of evidence that it is REALLY effective, but some people swear it makes all the difference. I know you are suppose to use it for 6-8 wks. and if you don't see any difference you shouldn't continue supplementing.
They give people the same thing for joint problems and arthritis, so it can't be too bad. Let me know how it works for Cole. I know it's expensive so I haven't put Dandy on it, but sometimes I'd like too.
And this is definetly the longest comment in the history of blogger :-)

Anonymous said...

ill be over to ride as soon as the rain stops; and aari looked happy this morning grazing in the pasture with her coat on.

Carroll said...

we're ready for Noah pics now!