Sunday, October 15, 2006

The Finished Product

I have never in my entire life been so happy to see my bed. The horse show is over. And, all that junk I packed is now safely back in my tack room. So, did my horse win? Don't even ask me. The judge took it upon himself to not place me at all. The championship class had 27 horses in it. He cut the class down to 9 and I made the cut. Then he didn't place me. Don't get me wrong. I'm not complaining. Cole was awesome. I couldn't be more happy with him. Pattie did great. She won several ribbons and I've made her a horse show addict. My favorite part was when they shot off the fireworks right beside the horse complex. I'm not exactly sure what they were thinking when they decided to move the fireworks closer to the horses. Not what I'd call a well thought out plan. Cole will be in therapy for the next few months to deal with the emotional damage they caused.

I hope everyone had a great weekend!

Rachael's quote of the day:
"If at first you don't succeed...destroy all evidence that you tried."

5 comments:

Joy said...

hehehe, I like the quote. Rachael, I'd say the horse show was a smashing success. You managed to inspire another rider, and preserved by going to yet another fairground show - I'm totally impressed!

Carroll said...

I almost bought you a care bear sweatshirt this weekend...

Lydia said...

I love the quote!! And I cannot believe that fireworks were anywhere near horses!! Even my unequestrian self knows better than that!!

Rachael said...

I like sleepy bear. I'm actually shocked that I have a favorite care bear.

Oh yes, the fireworks...bad idea. Cole almost broke three of my fingers. He is now for sale for $1.

Lydia said...

His name is "Bedtime Bear" I believe and the girls got to meet him this summer! Also, Kimberly was Bedtime bear for halloween last year.