Wednesday, October 12, 2005

You're On In 3...2...1...


Well, this is it. Just 2 more days until we pack up and head out. What? Am I nervous? Why in the world would I be nervous? I'm only taking my hyperneverpaysattention horse to a horse show, which, includes hundreds of other horses that Cole believes are all there for his personal entertainment. I'm only going to take said horse into the show ring (which will be stuffed with most of the hundreds of horses) and then be politely asked by the ring master to "canter your horse please." As they say about the Bristol race track....it's like trying to fly a jet in a gymnasium. Then, I will put him in a stall (which is not home and he knows it and it will be completely destroyed by morning) and repeat the whole day on Saturday...only with more pressure because it's the championships. So, no worries. I guess most of ya'll will be there. But, if you aren't, fear not, I'll give an update after the show. But right now, I'm going to take my not-so-very-nervous self upstairs and pack my show clothes. Wish me luck!

Rachael's Quote of the Day: "Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain."
-
Frank Herbert

7 comments:

babyarnie said...

Well, I am gonna take my "notsoskinnyself" to eat some "notsohealthybutgood" fair food. And watch the "notsoexciting" horse show but scream real loud for the "mostaddhorseintheworldbutthebest" horse. It'll be a blast!

Anonymous said...

Excuse me, but what was it that the camera was trying to focus on in that picture? Was it anything on this planet? I just ate lunch and am feeling a bit nauseous now after looking at it (but I'm sure it's not your blog as a whole...I think)

Signed,
Queasy in RTP

P.S. Best wishes for your horse thingy or whatever it is you're doing sometime in the near future...

Rachael said...

Thanks Queasy,

However, I did not take this picture. And I just ate lunch too and I'm not having a problem looking at it. Perhaps it isn't the picture making you nauseous. Could you be pregnant with triplets? Just a thought.

Rachael said...

Yes, but my eyes don't glow blue. I guess that means I'm gonna get glaucoma.

Anonymous said...

And how can this be? For she *IS* the Quizatch Hadarach! CRIPES, I love that movie! And the series of books! Talk Fremen to me, baby.

Joy said...

Rach, what time are you heading out? I may stop by after school...

Anonymous said...

Dear Horse Talker (a distance cousin to the famed Whisperer),
Well, I suppose God could be working a miracle but having no uterus, I will have to doubt your prophetic powers of pregnancy estimation.

Signed,
Still Queasy in RTP

P.S. It may not be "your" picture but it is on your blog so you have to take responsibility for all whom it effects. So there!