Monday, October 10, 2005

Home Again, Home Again


Well, I'm home. And, I'm sitting in front of my computer (listening to Dune-quit laughing Hannah) thinking of something inspired to say...and coming up with nothing. I had a great time at the horse show. I got to see the 2005 World Grand Champion. Actually, the first time I saw him I thought he was a colt someone was leading around. It really made me miss my own horse. I rarely go to shows without dragging him along behind me. I was inspired to come home and ride Cole. If you want to know what it feels like to be mortal, go get on a horse that's been in a stall for a week eating high fat grain on a cold and rainyish day.

Moving on...
This is one of the pictures from Gettysburg the other weekend. We commandeered a camera from one of the guys in the regiment. I have a ton of awesome pictures that I want to post. Hannah, check your email. I'll pass them along to anyone who wants to see them.

Rachael's Quote of the Day: "How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?"
-Steven Wright

8 comments:

Rachael said...

Me too. I have it on my legs, and I'm pretty sure it was from that field. Or, the other twelve we sat in out of sheer exhaustion.

Snowbear said...

I'M BACK!
Thank y ou for your words of encouragement on my simple blog. Still plugging away at my merge efforts of a novel.

Love the B&W pic; let's see more!

babyarnie said...

Man... look at that photography. The images just seem to jump out at you. Such wonderful and exciting use of shadows and such. Who was that grand photographer??!!

Rachael said...

Falconmyst, it's good to hear from you. It's been awhile. I'm glad to hear the novel is coming along:)

Carroll said...

How beautiful! Almost makes me want to dig my stuff out. Almost...

Joy said...

you are all cute playing dress-up, but aren't you a little old for that?

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Joy,

Rule number one of associating with the Dickens and their clan - do NOT mock the reenactments. You will be excommunicated, reviled, and possibly summarily executed. What's worse, they might call you a Yankee!! Yes, it is true that they spend a great deal of time, money, and energy just to play war. Yes, it's also true that they suffer heat, poison ivy, exhaustion, and uncomfortable nights in their quest to participate in what is ultimately a giant dress-up party. However, it is also true that it really is a lot of fun, and, seeing as they are such generous and kind people, you can probably afford to forgive one idiosyncratic hobby. In fact, if you were to be stranded on a small, rainy, cold island across the ocean, you might even wish that you could be back home to go with them again.

Rachael said...

Well Willard, come on. We have another one coming up. However, It's been rainy, cold, and dingy here for the past week. But, it's good weather for butterfinger hot chocolate!!!