Monday, June 27, 2005

Sweet Summer



ENT: When Summer lies upon the world, and in a noon of gold,
Beneath the roof of sleeping leaves the dreams of trees unfold;
When woodland halls are green and cool, and wind is in the West, Come back to me! Come back to me, and say my land is best!


ENTWIFE: When Summer warms the hanging fruit and burns the berry brown; When straw is gold, and ear is white, and harvest comes to town; When honey spills, and apple swells, though wind be in the West, I'll linger here beneath the Sun, because my land is best!
-J.R.R Tolkien

4 comments:

Rachael said...

Yeah, I know. Who wants to plant berries and be hot all day?

Anonymous said...

What's an Ent?

Rachael said...

The trees in LOTR. Watch out or they'll step on you.

babyarnie said...

BRA?? NO THATS NOT MY BRA SHOWING!