Tuesday, March 08, 2005

We Proud Few


Tommy....I couldn't resist.

This is the first photo I'm posting from our college/career mountain trip we took a few weeks ago. It was a much needed vacation for us all. Originally intended to be a ski trip, 65 degree weather took care of that. But it turned out great anyway. This is a view from the top of Currahee where the 506th Airborne Infantry Division trained before heading for the European theater. From Camp Toccoa to the top of Currahee and back to the bottom was six miles. Visiting Currahee, Georgia was a big deal for me and my brother in law, Mike. We both hold a lot of respect for the Easy Company who lost so many men while serving their country during World War II. Several members of our group have vowed to get in shape and run the entire length of Currahee next year.

"Three miles up.....Three miles down."

4 comments:

Joy said...

Oh Yeah, Next year is all the way up and all the way down! I better start traing.... ahhhh! Oh, and Hannah, I second your commment!

Anonymous said...

hannah's just jealous because my picture is sexier than her britney spears pose........and to all the ladies out there..i'm available

babyarnie said...

Yes ladies, Tommy is still single and that picture may be the reason why!!

Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »