Saturday, March 12, 2005

Release The Hounds


Ok, so there are no actual hounds involved. Today officially kicked off the horse show season. The schedules and class sheets were distrubuted, dues were paid, and the trainers' new horses of the season were shown to all. Well, Joyalous and I spent a great deal of the afternoon in the back of Tammy's Explorer cramming salt 'n vinegar chips, combos, and trail mix while previewing the horses as they warmed up before they were shown to the public. It is good to get back into the groove of showing. You just can't beat a hot summer night under the arena lights, the smell of hoof polish (which ends up on me more than my horse) and the junk food. So, here goes....Asa, Tammy, Joy, Hannah......get ready!

Photo by Hannah

8 comments:

Joy said...

Oh yeah, it's show season! Millie, Big 'un, and Ole Canter Butt.... What else will we see???

Rachael said...

Hannah
Ha! I also love how it makes my horse look like a giant.

Anonymous said...

There's a SEASON?

Does that mean the glue factories must shut down during these times?

And your head does look squished.

Rachael said...

Ok, Just to settle the flipping squished head question.....it's the angle of the photo (at least that's what I'm telling myself)....and we don't say the word "glue factory" around Cole. I'm afraid it would give him a complex. Being a prissy show horse, he has enough issues.

babyarnie said...

I'd help you feed up the horses but you see: my back hurts, my teeth hurt, my jacket has a spot on it, i don't want to get my shoes dirty ETC> ETC> ETC>!!

Anonymous said...

You guys are really crazy. I'm not sure about the flat head thing though. As far as the glue factory for Cole. You would definitely have glue with an attitude. It probably would not come out of the bottle or if it did it would spray you all over. Cole's "horseananlity" would be stuck all over you! You gotta love him though. I thoroughly enjoy being the designated driver to and from shows. We do have a good time don't we!!?? Sometimes Rach needs to be smacked in the head she gets so worked up. But after the show is over and we are on our way home, its me and the highway ahead of us. Because, somehow she has just completely exhausted herself and falls asleep in the seat next to me. Her head probably has a flat spot in the back of it instead of the top. Ha Ha. Here's to some good times this year and safe trips to and from. Love ya.

Rachael said...

TAMMYFAY!!!!
Yeah, for some reason I just can't bring myself to stay awake comming home. I must get myself too worked up at the show. Good times!! We have a whole season ahead of us. Wahhooo! Hope you can stand me another year!!

luv,
Rachael

Anonymous said...

I have been looking for sites like this for a long time. Thank you! »