Monday, December 15, 2008

Champion of the World!



If you consider 2nd place and 2 3rd places champion of the world than Lilly has is WRAPPED UP! The day started at 6:00am...it was still dark. She was ticked off when we loaded her without Cole into a dark trailer. She probably thought she was about to take the long walk, uh, trailer ride. When we pulled onto the show grounds no one was there...no one was there. We saw a couple of vehicles scattered around an 3 horses jumping obstacles, which we don't do. Finally others began to show up. The most we had an any class was 6 horses. Lilly was perfect. The footing in the ring was deep. And, I just have to say it, she just a sat down and went to walkin' bo! I am so proud of her.

Cole, however, I'm not proud of. He got loose on John's farm on Friday night. Usually getting loose isn't a problem when it isn't 8 million acres of cow farm. He somehow crossed a HUGE ravine by himself and ran to a far away gate. I freaked. Thought he had fallen in the ravine and ran for about 45 minutes looking for him. I can hardly walk today. As punishment I made him go out to pasture with Scout. That should teach him.

Quote of the Day:
Phyllis: I'm getting married to Bob Vance.
Michael Scott: That's great! Congratulations. That is great and frankly... kinda amazing. See... everybody has a chance.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey! You didn't say anything about your intrepid side-kick! I had a great time, thanks for taking me out. Wish you had ridden Cole back. ;-)

Carroll said...

YAY FOR LILY!!!

And next time Cole runs away, just come on over for hot chocolate. By the time you finish drinking it, he will have come back. : )

Rachael said...

Pattie, I was pretty sure your were in the witness protection program by now. I really wish we had pictures of what happened. I still haven't recovered.

babyarnie said...

Take a whip to that horse I say!! (cole I mean) ;)

Rachael said...

Poor baby Cole. He loves living outside with Lilly. He's acting better now.