Thursday, September 11, 2008

Awwwww Baby!!!!



"This restaurant is crowded!"

Becky is officially a mom. She went into labor on Tuesday night and by 11:00 she had had her first child...kitten. Two hours later she had given birth to 2 more. I had forgotten how unhappy cats get when they are in labor. She took it like a champ. I would feel her belly every day prior hoping I could tell if she was getting close. She hated it and would run off when I checked her. During her labor she wanted me to keep my hand on her belly. I knew then that she was in pain. She is such a good mother. She shows off her kittens to anyone who comes on the porch. Tuesday night Will Feral broke onto the porch. He obviously thought the labor and delivery required him. He was wrong. Becky would have killed him.

Well, take your pick. Right now their official names are gray tabby, regular tabby, and dark tabby. Yeah, I need better names.

Quote of the Day: "There are people who reshape the world by force or argument but the cat just lies there, dozing, and the world quietly reshapes itself to suit his comfort and convenience." --Alan and Ivy Dodd

13 comments:

Olive Wild said...

OK, so,... so far, which one looks the least psychotic?... I'm just asking! You're such a good kitty grandma :o)

Wandering Family said...

How about Shadrach, Meshach, and Abednego? Or Peter, Paul, and Mary?

I'll think of a good one, hold on.

Wandering Family said...

OK, so just in case anyone's wondering, Google's SafeSearch thing blocks search blocks "famous threesomes" as a search term!! ;-)

Guess I should have thought that one through before typing it in. Anyway, you didn't say if they were boys or girls or whatever. How about Earth, Wind, and Fire? Or Phillips, Craig, and Dean? 1st, 2nd, and 3rd John? We're not getting any closer, are we?

Carroll said...

Congratulations! What a sweet kitty family! I vote for Huey, Dewey, and Louie. : )

Anonymous said...

They are so cute!

I want to ride horses sometime?!

kareng said...

congratulations! How about:
crosby stills and nash or manny, mo and jack,or the three musketeers:

Athos, Porthos, Aramis


Noah's sons were Shem, Ham, and Japheth


how's the book reading going?

Anonymous said...

Larry, Moe and Curly.

Hey Rach - can you tell if I'm getting close?!?!?!?!

Anonymous said...

I will be stopping by later this week to pick up all my new baby kitties. I haven't told my landlord yet but maybe I can just hide them somewhere upstairs so she doesn't even notice.

Hannah

Anonymous said...

congrats to the godmother :-) baby animals make life so much sweeter!

babyarnie said...

Ha!! Jess I like Shadrach Meshach and Abednego but I vote for Winken, Blinken and Nod.... But you've already shot those down. Great ideas everyone.

katiejoy said...

Tom, Dick, and Harry (or is it Larry)

or even Kate, Nate, and Sarah (we are famous in our own right)

Diana said...

I think Eenie, Meenie and Miny, cause she aint gonna have no Mo!

Rachael said...

Diana,
That was great!! And you're right. NO MO! But, they are cute.