Saturday, June 21, 2008

Minus $189,00



I went to the Homegoods store today with Carroll and Martha. WOW! Talk about seriously overwhelmed. I bought everything horse...and I'm not kidding. I bought a large horse statue, horse head bookends, 2 horse lamps, and 2 large amber thingys. The only thing I didn't come home with was a new kitty. And, if Martha had pulled over I would have had one of those too.

The people who live in the new upscale subdivision where I used to ride horses have apparently gotten themselves into some hot water with the guy who owns the ponds in the community. I got yelled at by a homeowner awhile back who took it upon himself to run me off of the property (and it wasn't even his). Me being me I told him nicely to get out of my way. Now all the homeowners are restricted from using the pond or 50 feet around it. It's a consequence of them not minding their own business but everybody else's. The pond owners told me I could ride anywhere I wanted too. I'm thankful for small victories. Don't you just love it when people move to the country but don't really want the country that goes with it.

Quote of the Day: "In that song, she'll be coming around the mountain, who is she?"

6 comments:

Carroll said...

Ahhh...Homegoods. Good times. My favorite was when Noah tried to run out the door with the strangers.

babyarnie said...

Fun Fun. Next time I may shop without a 19 month old. Trying to keep him from grabbing all of the glassware and throwing it on the floor was a treat. I LOVE my red duck however.

Lydia said...

Oooo...Carroll got me addicted to Homegoods too. What's up with that? Is she getting paid to advertise?

Carroll said...

No...but I totally should be!

kareng said...

Now you have to update....all about your BIG NEWS!

Anonymous said...

Rach, I have got some great peacock pictures for you from the Pittsburg zoo!