Wednesday, February 06, 2008

Mad Cow


Well, Saturday started early. We tacked up John's horses and headed out to the cow pasture to round up the little babies....and their mommas. Them mommas were a problem. Apparantly some had been given the "don't follow the crowd" speech at some point in their lives and decided to put it into action. It was probably the most fun 20 minutes I've ever had in my life. I went 4-wheelin' with Aari. She did great and only one stinking cow and her baby escaped us. Then the real job started (for photos see Martha's blog). YIKES! Poor little guys. I thought I would just watch and stay out of the way...now I know how to load the little ear piercer thingy the girls get tagged with. I can't wait until next year! And John said it was hard. Now, if he had the cows with big horns it would have been a challenge.

Quote of the Day: " When I was Ryan’s age, I worked in a fast food restaurant to save up money for school. And then I lost it in a pyramid scheme, but I learned more about business right then and there than business school would ever teach me – or Ryan would ever teach me." -Michael Scott

3 comments:

Carroll said...

there's the update I was looking for...

Anonymous said...

Hey!
I ran across your blog today, and I thought you would like to have my sister's blogs for Christian girls!
alabasterboxblog.wordpress.com
inlovewithchrist.wordpress.com
tearose.wordpress.com
She loves comments!
Thanks!

azulalegria said...

poor cows... but excellent job being a ranch hand Rach! wish I could've seen it :-)