Saturday, September 02, 2006

Saturday Night Madness

I won't say what happened today. But in case the lawyers ask...I didn't ride horses with John...and I didn't send him to the Urgent Care.
On a different note, a fox got 2 of Martha's chickens yesterday. Swoop is ok but got her feathers plucked. The buff orffington didn't get off so easy. She has head trauma but so far is living. It's true...you CAN feed a chicken with a syringe. We got a ton of antibiotics into her so I hope once the swelling goes down and her eyes open back up, she'll be ok (or as ok as a chicken with head trauma can be). She's living on Martha's porch in a fluffy cage.
Well, I don't feel great so I'm going to go lie down for like the 10th time today.

If you would like to send condolences to the injured...John wants ice cream and the chicken wants the fox dead.

Blog amendment: A boy I know just ran his car into my horse fence, went all the way under it, and just took out the bottom strand. Horse fence fixers of the world UNITE!

6 comments:

Joy said...

uh-o, more horse trama? i think it's time for me to move away... far away

Lydia said...

What boy you know? Was it John? Was he trying to get back at the horse that dumped him?

Anonymous said...

I saw on the news today that no world grand champion was crowned at Celebration due to all of the tickets written for their cruel soring! Boy, they really have clamped down, haven't they?

Carroll said...

John's fine. His swollen lip makes his swollen head look smaller...

Rachael said...

Well, anything to make his head go down.

Joy said...

where are those baby shower pics?