Thursday, February 02, 2006

Sparkly Things



About 2 days ago I met a local "starving artist". He came into the office for something completely unrelated and ended up telling us his life story and trials. Well, we will soon be the owner of one of his paintings. He should be back into the office in a few hours to present it to us. Not for free of course...but nevertheless we shall soon be the proud owner of a wren painting. Side note: I will be saying farewell to Cole who is going off to training. I'm sad and already going through withdrawals. I shall gaze upunst his empty stall in the morning and think, "Ha! Today I don't have to clean you. I don't have to add shavings to you or level you out and bank the sides to Cole can roll and not get cast against your walls. I do not have to haul heavy water buckets to you and empty and rinse them every night. I do not have to air you out and put lime on you so my horse can smell snuggle fresh. I am free from the bonds of keeping a stall!!" Wow, I feel better about sending Cole off already. Mabe I'll send him tomorrow.

P.S.-Martha took these "manatee" pictures at the zoo last weekend. We're going to have a sit-down with her and a National Geographic and explain to her the difference between manatees and seals.

5 comments:

Carroll said...

Good grief. Martha needs to demand her money back from State. Animal Science degree my foot!

babyarnie said...

Hey it was Animal Science INDUSTRY. Give me a break! :)

Anonymous said...

Martha:

Seals are lovely sea mammals!


Manatees are a lot like some of my ex-girlfriends.

Have a super day.......

Goingintoalltheworld said...

As I recall, another nickname for manatees is "sea cows." Not a compliment for your former lady friends.

Anonymous said...

Cool blog, interesting information... Keep it UP » » »