Friday, February 10, 2006

Never...Ever Sift




I was sifting through some old horse show photos trying to find the perfect one of Cole to post. You know, where he's nice and shiny and picking his feet up high. Well, in my sincere search for a fantastic photo I found these. Just rock hard proof that watching stupid movies that no one else checks out because everyone else in the world knows they're stupid will make you learn really dumb things that will come out of you when you least expect it. But, I have also learned good things from our movie nights. For example: I can build an entire dragon killing spear flinger that won't jam every time you try to use it forcing you to cut the string...again. I have learned awesome facial expressions that are sure to get me to Hollywood and win that Oscar I have so longed for. I've learned how to dance (especially theatrical dance which is my personal favorite at the moment. For and example of this ask Hannah. She's the best at it). So, what useful tools have you learned from your favorite stupid movies?

11 comments:

Carroll said...

Hmmm...let me see...

*never get involved with someone online. chances are you know and hate them in real life.

*if you're winning the fight, it's probably because your opponent is not left-handed.

*if you're a girl, ALWAYS lock the door and never run upstairs. also, just because you shoot the bad guy once doesn't mean that he's dead. EMPTY THE CLIP.

Carroll said...

OH!!! I forgot the most important one...

*if the unicorn loses its horn and dies, just find the horn and superglue it back on. then everything will be perfect again.

Rachael said...

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

babyarnie said...

Are those rocks ahead ? If they are we'll all be dead!!

Joy said...

adding to Carroll's:
*if you're a girl, ALWAYS lock the door and never run upstairs. also, just because you knocked the bad guy once doesn't mean that he's dead. KEEP HITTING HIM! Then run out on the streets and find the first huge guy to protect you, just in case his homies come after you.

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Never, under any circumstances, tell people "I'll be right back," because you never will.

The bad guy isn't dead until his torso is in at least four totally separate pieces.

Wearing a Burger King crown is a sure way to invite a dragon attack. Of course, if you do build Rachael's dragon-killing spear flinger, fortunately for you, every dragon you shoot it at will not take the 30 seconds it takes the spear to get to him to move out of the way; rather, he will fly directly into the spear, aiming so as to have it enter his mouth and kill him.

Unrelated note: whenever I would play my little brother in Ping-Pong, I would play with my left hand for a while, then, with dramatic flair, say "I know something you do not know. I am not left-handed," fling the paddle in the air, catch it with my right hand, and then turn the tide to dominate the rest of the game. Ah, memories.

Goingintoalltheworld said...

Oh, I almost forgot, my favorite stupid movie quote, from "Thumbtanic":

Rich Thumb #1:"What did one poor person say to another poor person?"

Rich Thumb #2: "I don't know. What?"

Rich Thumb #1: "Who cares?"

Uproarious laughter from all the rich thumbs. Priceless.

Oh, and the most important thing I learned from movies:

Our love is like
a storybook story
It's as real as the feelings we feel
And then they kissed
Just like in the book ...

Rachael said...

Just before you leave the country for good I'm buying and presenting to you the Princes Bride soundtrack. I'm so excited.

-I forgot Thumbtanic!!!

Anonymous said...

-He's not an old man, his name is Dennis

-God tells me he can get me out of this me, but he's pretty sure....you're boned!

-Put Windex on it! It'll fix anything!

-The Sleeper has awakened.

-Never go against a Sicilian, when DEATH is on the line!

By the way Rachel, how'd you get your teeth to be that sparkling white?

Goingintoalltheworld said...

She brushes with Windex!

Carroll said...

Poor Rach. Hope you're feeling better soon so you can update your blog. And we're making a double batch of sausage balls for this weekend...so I really hope your appetite comes back!