Monday, May 23, 2005

Oscar The Cat


I would like to take this opportunity to welcome the newest member of the family. He was adopted my Miranda and Keithan from a animal shelter. And, personally....I think he's just the cutest little cat ever (exceptions being: Afton/Ellie/Peri and on certain occasions Cedar). I hope everyone takes the time to say hi. Congratulations M & K for such a perfect addition to your home. Keep us updated.

And on a different note, not to take away from the new kitten and all.....the chickens have officially been kicked out of the house and now live in the big pen at Martha's. I didn't even cry. However, I did almost cry when my beloved red tick jumped her big chicken and tried desparately to make Bojangles out of her. So, now I have exchanged 2 chickens for 1. Keep Betty in your thoughts. She is recovering nicely but would appreciate your visits.

I dedicate this quote to Oscar...and might as well dedicated it to Betty too:

"There's a fine line between fishing and just standing on the shore like an idiot."
-Steven Wright

7 comments:

Joy said...

Yeah! new post and new kitty! What a beautiful new addition... so the chicken is recovering huh? that is nice to know as Martha may have killed you other wise :)

Anonymous said...

He looks like Keithan.

babyarnie said...

That kitty is cute but maybe not as cute as a certain cat named Scout who is now once again homeless!! Just kidding M&k- Scout is very happy here with me. And Oh yes, Holly did make hamburger out of the rear end of Betty who is now pursuing a large lawsuit.

Anonymous said...

Can this kitty go outside or is it just inside...?

Rachael said...

Oscar now goes out while on a leash. He lives too close to the road to stay outside whilst unattended.

Anonymous said...

A leash? no way... I've never seen a cat on a leash... do they take it to the park?

Rachael said...

Not so sure about the park. But they do walk him around the yard. They do eventually get used to it. You just have to keep your eyes on them.