Thursday, April 07, 2005

Just A Thought


I sit beside the fire and think
of all that I have seen,
of meadow-flowers and butterflies
In summers that have been;

Of yellow leaves and gossamer
in autumns that there were,
with morning mist and silver sun
and wind upon my hair.

I sit beside the fire and think
of how the world will be
when winter comes without a spring
that I shall ever see.

For still there are so many things
that I have never seen:
in every wood in every spring
there is a different green.

I sit beside the fire and think
of people long ago,
and people who will see a world
that I shall never know.

But all the while I sit and think
of times there were before,
I listen for returning feet
and voices at the door.
-J.R.R Tolkein

Photo by Hannah

1 comment:

Joy said...

What a beautiful fairy and her horse...funny though, I haven't seen a waterfall like that anywhere near the dicken's land.